Friday, October 22, 2010

What happens in Japan...

... stays in Japan, as the saying goes for Vegas.

capsules are designed for 1 only

Long time I have been contemplating, whether all adventures I have had, in Japan or elsewhere, should be written on this blog. I know some of my blogger friends never seem to write about the juicy details about which I hear during booze infested evenings in bars. I cannot vow that I will write all about mine but I will try...

Maybe we should all have a ghost-writer's space somewhere anonymous.

Having said that...

After my last blog from a Tokyo internet cafe things started happening so fast I hardly know how to write about them. The last time I wrote I was still thinking I would be watching the fireworks in Asakusa all by myself, but...

After the Tsukiji fish market I took the metro to find the Government buildings in Shinjuku. Now Shinjuku station is massive and only finding the right exit can take a few hours. So I took the wrong exit and found myself strolling the streets in all directions to find out where on my Lonely Planet map I was. Then I got distracted by this pretty girl, it happens, and decided to ask her the way instead. She first had to take of her headphones before she could even hear me but then she was willingly giving me directions. I walked along with her for a bit and found out where she worked. Later on I went back to take her out for lunch and we ended up watching the fireworks together that night. Hanging out with her was great for she spoke fluent Japanese and was half American too. She even stayed by my side when I found out that, due to the firework crowds, all ATM's where empty and I could not get any yens! The only way to solve this problem was changing some Euro to yen with a complete stranger in a restaurant. Luckily I had my trustworthy blue-eyes on me...

That night the metro's were totally overcrowded so she decided to stay overnight in the capsule hotel. Although she lives in Tokyo she had never slept in a capsule before, so this was her little adventure for that night too! We slept like babies, both in our own capsules mind, for a "party in the capsule is prohibited". It also helped that some drunk Japanese had given us their left-over bottle of wine.

The next day we parted but luckily we had agreed to meet again later to hang out a bit more. Turns out she had already one week of holidays planned... but her ex-boyfriend would not be joining any more. So she might as well join me on part of my Japan-discovery trip. And all of a sudden, within the time span of about a day, I had gone from totally lost in translation to having found a personal guide for a full week.

and I can cook too!
Later on I may write more about our all-you-can-drink-Karaoke sessions. Still contemplating on whether what happens in Japan should stay in Japan.

Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment